Thorpe Associates Limited t/as The Legal & Public Notices Advertising Agency
Standard Terms and Conditions for the Acceptance of Advertisements – effective 1 January 2018
Within this document, the term “Advertiser” refers to the legal entity (or a successor entity) instructing the Agency to place an advertisement (the name of which may not necessarily be that included in an advertisement). The term “Publisher” refers to a third-party publishing entity with which the Agency arranges for the publication of an advertisement, on the Publisher’s own terms, on behalf of the Advertiser. The “Agency” refers to The Legal & Public Notices Advertising Agency (also known as “LegalAds”). For the avoidance of doubt, a company, an individual or any other legal entity for which a professional firm is acting in an insolvency, administration or similar supervisory capacity is not the Advertiser, and in these circumstances the professional firm is the Advertiser.
- The registered name and registered office (where applicable) of the Advertiser, whether or not for publication, must accompany each advertisement instruction.
- The Agency only accepts Advertisements that conform to the Advertising Codes of the Committee of Advertising Practice and statutory provisions in any territory in which an advertisement may be distributed. All advertisements must also conform to any requirements stipulated by a Publisher. The Agency reserves the right to decline or withdraw an advertisement if, in their absolute discretion, it appears to breach these provisions.
- Although every effort is made to meet the instructions and requirements of the Advertiser, neither the Agency nor the Publisher can guarantee the insertion of any particular advertisement in a specific publication on a specific date.
- Except for advertisements where an agreement has been made and confirmed with a Publisher and a specific written guarantee has been issued by the Agency to the Advertiser, the Agency cannot guarantee the position of any advertisement in any publication.
- It is the responsibility of the Advertiser to check the information and content of any advertising instructions supplied to the Agency and/or also any proof of an advertisement that the Agency may supply to the Advertiser. The Agency assumes no responsibility for the repetition of errors unless notified by the Advertiser at the earliest reasonable opportunity.
- The Advertiser undertakes to consider any discrepancies that the Agency may bring to the Advertiser’s attention in the process of scrutiny applied to each advertisement, and accepts that absolute responsibility for accuracy and compliance with statutory requirements of the content of an advertisement is with the Advertiser.
- A credit account is usually available to all recognised professional firms. Advertisements accepted on credit are due for payment within 30 days from the date of the invoice. We will send an invoice for each advertising instruction, after publication of the Notice(s) and on receipt of the voucher copy. Full payment terms are as detailed on the Invoice itself. A dispute on an individual item on an account shall not affect the due date of payment of the balance of the account. A credit account is given to an Advertiser only when agreed by the Agency at their absolute discretion. Credit facilities may be withdrawn at any time without prior notice. In the event of any breach of credit terms the Agency reserves the right to demand payment of the full balance of the account including any invoices not yet due.
Cheques should be made payable to “Legal & Public Notices Advertising Agency” and sent to the address printed on the invoice. It is important that you quote the invoice number on the back of the cheque. Should you want to make payment by BACS, our bank details for this purpose are specified on the invoice.
- Whilst every endeavour will be made the Agency to forward replies to box numbers to the Advertiser as soon as possible, no liability is accepted in respect of any loss, damage or costs arising from a delay in forwarding such replies, however such delay may be caused.
- The Advertiser warrants to the Agency that it is either the owner of the copyright (or has the licence to reproduce either in part or in whole such copyright) in relation to any design, drawing, logo or artistic work, title, name, dramatic or musical work or other like matter that is or may be contained in the advertisement.
- The Advertiser warrants to the Agency that such advertisement is not of a defamatory nature or is likely to cause damage, injury or distress to any person, save where such may be incidentally caused by factual content permitted to be included by statutory requirements and not otherwise prohibited by any order made by a Court of law.
- We aim for all Statutory Notices to be published on the scheduled dates. The Agency shall accept no liability in the event of non-publication of an advertisement resulting from any form of industrial action, newspaper production problems, extreme weather conditions or other external factor over which the Agency has no reasonable control. Should a Statutory Notice not be published as scheduled, we will advise you of the revised date of publication. In addition, the Agency shall accept no liability in respect of costs, legal costs, expenses, demands, claims or any other matter arising from an error in the publication of an advertisement or failure to publish an advertisement, save for the cost of the insertion of the advertisement.
- The placing of an order for the insertion of an advertisement by the Advertiser shall be deemed to be acceptance of the above conditions in full. Any conditions stipulated on an Advertiser’s instructions that differ in any form from this document shall be void unless written agreement (on either a general or case-by-case basis) to the contrary has been given by the Agency.
- The Advertiser agrees and undertakes to indemnify the Agency and the Publisher against any costs, claims, actions, demands or proceedings arising out of non-compliance with the matters set out in this document.
- Our website or any part of our website must not be reproduced or stored in any other website or included in any private or public electronic retrieval system with our written permission.
- We will ensure that our website is normally available 24 hours a day 365 days a year. Access to the website may be suspended on a temporary basis and without notice due to system failure, repairs or maintenance, or for other reasons out of our control. We will not be held liable if, for any reason, the website is not available for any period.
- We endeavour to ensure that the information found on our website is correct and up to date. We may make changes to the content on this website at any time and without prior notice. Therefore, it may be that material found on this website is temporarily out of date.
- We have a variety of advertising forms and templates for the most commonly advertised Notices. Should you require any advice on your Statutory advertising or require copies of our Legal Notice forms and templates, please contact The Legal & Public Notices Advertising Agency on 01438 350990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thorpe Associates Limited is a Company incorporated in England. The company registered number is 2431547. Its registered office at Leytonstone House, Leytonstone, London, E11 1GA. The principal place of business is Legad House, 1 Wedgwood Court, Wedgwood Way, Stevenage, Hertfordshire SG1 4QR.
We may revise these terms and conditions in the future. You are advised to check this page regularly so that you are familiar with the most up to date version. By using our Legal & Public Notice Advertising Agency service, you will be deemed to accept any revisions and will, therefore, be bound by them.